Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Homestead Round Up

I'm starting a new section on my blog called Homestead Round Up! It's going to be a summary (with pictures) of my progress around the homestead.

The most exciting change? We've named our farm! We're now Thunder Goat Farm (like us on Facebook!). For those who don't know, Thor had goats pull his chariot, hence the name.

What else has been going on?

Well, there was a big wood pad buried in the ground that held the old washer and dryer, which I dug up and moved:
The hole is where it used to be.
We also put up more permanent skirting (the corrugated metal) and used field fence to allow access to our washer hook ups.

I started laying a brick patio using some old bricks that were on the property when we bought the house.

The Christmas tree John and I planted in December has a ton of new growth!
All those bright green spots are new growth!
My sister helped me pound T-posts for my garden:
I got the clothesline Ts cemented in:
Squint! They're in front of the corner of the trailer.
It's been a busy week! On top of that I sewed a hammock for a neighbor and started recovering some patio chair cushions for her.

Stay tuned for next week's update and check our Facebook page periodically. Right now there isn't much on it, but as we acquire more animals it should get more lively!

No comments:

Post a Comment