Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Snag Resolved!

The septic issue has been resolved. Instead of paying the $20k we offered, we'll be paying $23k, If the septic costs us the full $10k, we'll need to scrounge up some more money.

In addition, I'm officially off the job hunt. I quit my horrible job a few weeks ago, without much notice, and have been desperately hunting. I am not a person that is unemployed for long. I apply  for jobs like it's a full time job when I'm not working. I devote a full 40 hours each week to either interviewing or applying. Needless to say, I usually am out of work for no more than a month. Well, John and I discussed it, and it makes more sense that I don't work and fix up the house. We need to have someone available during business hours for paperwork, septic work, electric stuff, etc. Plus, I'm more of a handyman than he is.

If I get the work done in two weeks, instead of three months, we'll have saved far more money than I would have earned. Plus, realistically, if I can come up with enough money to pay off my credit card (I need about $200 per month to get it paid off in a reasonable amount of time), I'd rather focus on school than working. I currently make about $40 per month for writing articles, I can make another $60 per month helping out at my sister's house. I'm hoping that my craft stuff and house sitting will make up the remainder. That means I need to get my butt in gear when it comes to getting my shop up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment